Verdun 1916: Steel Inferno
Verdun 1916: Steel Inferno is a card driven, area based, simple Wargame about the year long fighting around Verdun.
The Game is based on monthly turns and allow for a tense, action driven contest which includes all the Event of 1916 (like the Somme offensive) and their interaction with the Verdun Battlefield. Players will face tough choices, continuing to reinforce Verdun or play cards to get victory points elsewhere. Both side get the initiative as the French Counter attack at the end of 1916 is also simulated.
One Introduction Scenario, 2 short Scenario playable in a short Session and one Campaign Game playable in an afternoon.
100 cards size 65x100mm ("Wonders")
• One mounted map showing the battle zone as well as different game tracks
• Two decks of playing cards (one French/blue, one German/dark green), 100 cards in total
• Ten 6-sided dice
• Game markers (control, supply, objectives, US entry, turn)
• 120 rectangular wooden blocks (60 German in black, 60 French in blue)
• 40 wooden trench pawns (20 German in black, 20 French in blue)
• Various wooden tokens to keep track of current round, VPs and Air Superiority.
• Two player aids
• One rulebook
• One playbook
- Game Duration (minutes)
- Game Type
- Area Majority
Deck, Bag, or Pool Building
- Fellowship of Simulations
- Walter Vejdovsky
- Card size (mm)
- 65x100 "Wonders"
You might also like
8 other products in the same category:
No customer reviews for the moment.